30 May - 1 June 2013
found light photography
A photographic excursion to Botshabelo, a historical village situated 5km from Middelburg. Photography of models in contemporary settings and outfits (1920-1930) using available light with 'real time' fill-light.
Shoots will take place in- and outdoors, using the antique architecture and interior, VSS will supplement interiors to offer a contemporary backdrop in keep with the theme. Techniques such as using reflectors, light meters, styling and placement of models will be demonstrated.
The Botshabelo masterclass workshops have become a photo teambuild experience of note. The old students and some 'really old' students join in to make it a fun weekend, all photographers and friends are welcome.
VSS students and old students, VSS CREATIVE virtual club members, Photo Challenge Camera Club members and PSSA members rates for weekend R900-00 including model fees, meals and two nights' accommodation.
Accommodation is dormitory style wth bedding.
For couples not wanting dormitory accommocation, an extra levy of R100 per night is charged per person sharing - these rooms are limited.
- 2:30 till late, arrive and settle in
- 4:00 Champagne afternoon and winter meal around big table with all photographers dressed in Gatsby globber at candle light (with hidden soft extra lighting.
- Photographers photograph photographers
- 6:30 at river for time exposures and forest sunrise backlits
- Coffee and rusks for early morning
- Split into groups; group 1- Available light indoor contemporary theme. group 2- Available light outdoor on location contemporary theme
- Split into groups; group 2- Available light indoor contemporary theme. group 1- Available light outdoor on location contemporary theme
- 16:00 to Merensky fort for sunset shoot.
- Dinner and social around fire.
- Coffee and sunrise at river
- 8:00 Traditional and experimental shoot (theme) in church
- 10:00 Hawain Chicken burgers
- Pack and head for Photoshop at home.
Masterclass will be led by Hein Waschefort
Bookings: Christine at